Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday America!

What a better way to celebrate the Forth of July than with some patriotic desserts! Watch out Martha Stewart! Well, I can't really take credit for these - I found the photo on Flickr, by "ryanmurphy". But we did have some tasty treats with our friends, along with some great conversation and a fabulous fireworks display provided by Sonoma State University.

And how about these cuties?!
Apparently dogs enjoy getting dressed up for holidays more than cats - My cats wouldn't be caught dead dressed like this! (Again, photo compliment of another Flickr person, "pleonasm". If I can ever get the direct links, I'll post them so you can check out more photos by these people.

And what's more American than baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet? Well I do like hot dogs, but I prefer bocce ball, strawberry-rhubarb pie, and I have a Prius.

Quote for the day:
Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. George Washington

1 comment:

Melanie said...

awwwww...Look at those cute lil chi-babys! I have a chihuahua that looks just like the brown and white one! I wonder if they're related. lol