Sunday, April 20, 2008

Knitting Project for Charity

Remember your favorite teddy bear?


What if every child could have that comfort?


I took these photos at the Stitches knitting conference back in February 2008. At first I was just interested in getting the pattern (which is SUPER simple), but the more I learned about the project, the more I felt compelled to get involved.
"The Mother Bear Project is dedicated to providing comfort and hope to children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations, by giving them a gift of love in the form of a hand-knit or crocheted bear.

The simple gift of a hand-knit bear with a tag signed by the knitter has touched children with the message that they are unconditionally loved."
When you visit the website, you can see some of the examples. I plan on also taking the pattern and converting it to a cat (of course) for Kiera.

Get involved . . . AND have fun!

No comments: