Saturday, February 23, 2008

Photo Hunt


Today's theme is WOOD.


Here is a Madonna bust, carved from Philippine Mahogany, from . . . you guessed it - the Philippines. My parents bought it during their travels in the early 60's. It has always been a favorite of mine since I was a child - I love the curves and feel of the wood.

When I got married, my parents gave it to us as a house warming gift for our new home.

Please visit my cat's blog, Cat Banter, to see other examples of WOOD. Thanks for visiting!

For more Photo Hunters
>> Click Here <<

8 comments:

Incog & Nito said...

It's a beautiful piece. Enjoy your weekend.

jams o donnell said...

Wow what a marvellous statue! Happy weekend

SnoopyTheGoon said...

A lovely wood and a great shot!

Katney said...

It is a beautiful piece--both because of the wood itself and the very artistic scupture which makes good use of the medium.

Sammawow said...

My, that is a beautiful piece!

Heather said...

Beautiful.

Dragonstar said...

That has such beautiful lines. I'm not surprised you love it.

Dinos said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.